10 little known facts about Palais Renaissance:
1. It sits adjacent to a plot of land once owned by the supreme King of Siam, his Majesty Somdetch Phra Paramindrr Maha Chulalongkorn, in the 1890s.
2. It is home to unique and exclusive shops, such as Steinway Gallery.
3. Shoppers can also find affordable eateries such as Jing Hua Xiao Chi, Ishinomaki Grill & Sake Bar, P.Bistro, and PS.Cafe.
4. Appreciate musical masterpieces at Steinway Gallery which is also the exclusive dealer for Steinway & sons in Singapore.
5. Traditional heritage still preserved at Jing Hua Xiao Chi in this modern perspective.
6. A world leader in crafting magnificent jewels and intricate timepieces, Mouawad, offers one-of-a-kind jewel-studded works of art.
7. Meet Super-Doctor from Prive Clinic and Prive Aesthetics' Medical Director - Dr Karen Soh, who is an avid wine, jewellery and art collector, and also enjoys scuba dives, as well as volunteering work, in addition to being a mother to four children. As for her profession, she has seen receiving training in surgery, intensive care, obstetrics, gynaecology, ophthalmology and anaesthesia.
8. Garment's design "Artwork Print" is a wearable piece of art, hand painted by Maria at fashion label Maria Grachvogel.
9. Tourists can enjoy a $10 Palais Renaissance voucher at the concierge when spent $150 and above at Palais Renaissance, Quayside Isle, or Delfi Orchard.
10. Enjoy complimentary parking rebate with a minimum spend of $100. (Parking Coupon to be redeemed in-store on the same day of purchase.)
Home to more than 30 shops and retail space of about 50,000 square feet, Palais is a treasure trove for the who's who of the local and expatriate community, trendsetters and well-heeled travellers who traverse the hallways for a taste of luxury living and deluxe lifestyle offerings. Even so, however, the mall offers a varied mix of food and beverage options, as well as promotions that cater to all types of shoppers for a unique shopping experience. As my friends and i explore the place, we were introduced to some wonderful highlights that night!
An established beauty brand that are committed to support its customers' beauty, joys, and confidence with their professional expertise, TOUCHE Elite strongly advocates professional and ethical methods that are effective and reliable for women. It also has two other outlets, at Bugis and Orchardgateway.
A demo session was presented to us during the media visit, witnessing the instant effect of the Advanced C PLUS Anti-aging facial treatment utilising FDA-approved Advanced Radio Frequency (RF) Technology. RF Technology safely heats the deep layers of the skin that help to provide firming and lifting effect while cooling the surface to stimulate and activate the skin at cellular level, regenerating new collagen, for optimal aesthetic correction, rejuvenation and improvement. The customer also agrees that she felt the difference and very satisfied with the results even though the demo session duration was reduced much.
To enhance the complexion a little further, the beautician added this magical Vita C Capsule Booster. In this small little bottle of Skincare Active contains Camu Camu which has natural Vitamin C 50 times higher than oranges. The efficacy of Camu Camu against hyper-pigmentation and uneven skin tone is excellent and does not result in unpleasant after-effects like pain, burns, and or peelings.
Specially designed capsule.. in which both the powder and the liquid will be mixed into active solution when the cap is pressed on.
Just before we left the place, we received really sweet gesture from the management that gave each of us a box of roses from Roses Only!!
Pretty 6 long stem roses that lasted nearly 2 weeks. =)
DeFRED Jewellers was set up in 1984 in Singapore by Fred Ho Chi Kwong, who hailed from a Hong Kong family already steeped in the jewellery trade. Fred showed his artistic inclination since young and was sent to New York to learn design education when he turned 18. Upon graduation, Ho abandoned the safe route of joining the family business in favour of venturing to Singapore to become a supplier of precious gems, before taking the bold leap to setup his own specialized, quality jewellery boutique, DeFRED Jewellers that offers customized designs and impeccable quality.
DeFRED Jewellers opened its doors at Palais Renaissance last December, the 1485 square foot store boasts a breathtaking selection of fine jewellery and timepieces, in all of its dazzling glamour. A large opulent crystal chandelier frames the store main hall, providing an impressive conversation starter for guests, while soft lighting illuminates the intriguing curved display showcases, inspired by meandering streams. Solid teakwood sliding doors separate the main hall from a lavish private room, reserved exclusively for special customers.
With an extensive knowledge on gemstones and a commitment to great customer service, Fred travels frequently to countries such as Brunei, Malaysia and Indonesia to take special orders in person from foreign clients, and regularly goes the extra mile in accompanying customers to countries such as Sri Lanka, Columbia and South Africa to source for the perfect stone.
Attended a session on JEWELLERY CARE TIPS at DeFRED.
• Avoid exposure of jewellery to sharp objects and harsh chemicals such as perfumes, hairspray, bleach and other cleaning agents, sunlight and extreme temperatures as these affect the plating and appearance of gemstones.
• It is advisable to carefully wipe jewellery with a soft jewellery cleaning cloth after each wear to remove oils and other chemicals. A little scrub with a softbristle brush in a warm, soapy solution will restore a diamond's sparkle.
• For pearls, polishing with a dry cloth or chamois is preferred instead of commercially available jewellery cleaners as the latter will damage the pearls.
• Storing your jewellery seperate from each other to prevent scratching or dulling of jewellery. Do keep them in individual pouches. Avoid prolonged storage of pearls and wear them regularly to prevent dehydration and craze the development of small fractures in the surface.
• Professional cleanings are recommended at least once a year to check for loosened claws and to ensure that settings are snug, clasps and joining are secure. DeFRED Jewellers encourage you to bring your DeFRED jewellery back to them for complimentary professional cleaning services.
Jewellery cleaner works wonderfully by just soaking the jewellery in it for a few minutes then scrub off excess dirt with a softbristle brush. Do not use toothpaste to clean jewellery.
Another alternative is to just use warm water with a few drops of dishwashing detergent. This however, will take a little longer time.
For the month of October 2015, DeFRED Jewellers is giving away $200 gift voucher to all my readers! To redeem it, simply follow 2 easy steps:
1. Like and Follow DeFRED Jewellers Facebook page and Instagram (@defred_jewellers)
2. Walk in to DeFRED boutique @ Palais Renaissance, mention DeFRED Slogan "Ultimate Gift of Love by DeFRED" to receive a $200 gift voucher.
Jing Hua Xiao Chi 京華小吃
At the end of the night, we settled our dinner at Singapore's original Dumpling House, Jing Hua Xiao Chi 京華小吃! It opened its third outlet at Palais Renaissance on its 25th anniversary, introducing their popular dumplings from Chinatown at Neil Road where it has its humble beginning in 1989 by the Han family, to the world. A new refreshing and spacious 90-seater restaurant it is, offering signature Jing Hua home-style dishes in a modern dining setting. They also had their beautiful branches in Japan - Ginza, Tsukuba, and Hakuba.
I enjoyed their Zha Jiang Noodle in which it is made with the Han family's special minced pork and soy bean sauce with fresh crunchy sprouts and cucumbers over light yet thick noodles.
Little Juicy Steamed Pork Dumplings, Singapore's own home grown Xiao Long Bao, soup dumplings with a lightly flavoured pork broth. The dumpling's skin was made nicely. Less flavourful for a healthier choice i guess. Overall, i find their Xiao Long Bao is good.
Tasty crispy skin vegetable spring rolls.
These nugget-size Pan Fried Mixed Seafood & Pork Dumplings 三鲜锅贴 were delectable to have! One-of-a-kind, open-ended dumplings, crispy hot on the bottom, juicy on the top and served straight out of the pan.
The Crispy Red Bean Pancake was a great dessert to end the night. I love the warm, crunchy outer layer with a nice texture that wrap the generous amount of smooth and sweet red bean paste filling.
All in all, we had an enjoyable experience at Palais Renaissance which is owned and managed by leading property developer - City Developments Limited.