" Tale as old as time,
True as it can be,
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast.. "
Do you remembe this lovely song from Beauty and the Beast?
One of the most beautiful and romantic fairytale story created by Disney.
Till today, i smiled re-watching it! :)
This season, Disney brings this beautiful and magical story of love and hope into Singapore!
DISNEY’S BEAUTY AND THE BEAST -
THE BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY COMES TO LIFE FOR THE FIRST TIME AT THE MASTERCARD THEATRES, MARINA BAY SANDS
From the producers of The Lion King, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, the award-winning smash hit Broadway musical spectacular opens in Singapore for the first time. As part of their 20th anniversary celebrations, the original Broadway creative team has reunited to bring this acclaimed production to over 12 countries (first opened in Istanbul in October last year and toured to diverse international markets including United Arab Emirates, Philippines, Thailand and now Singapore) for a first-ever International tour. This elaborate theatrical production comes to life on stage at the MasterCard Theatres, Marina Bay Sands from 21 March 2015 for a limited season. Tickets are now on sale!
The musical is directed by Rob Roth and choreographed by Matt West, with Costume Design by Ann Hould-Ward (Tony Award® winner for her work on Disney’s Beauty and the Beast), Lighting Design by Natasha Katz, Scenic Design by Stanley A. Meyer, Sound Design by John Petrafesa Jr. and Music Supervision by Michael Kosarin.
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is the classic story of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped in a spell placed by an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed to his former self. But time is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity.
• An international sensation, playing to more than 35 million people.
• The musical ran for more than 13 years on Broadway.
• Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is the 8th longest running musical in Broadway history.
• The traveling company comprises 30 cast, 2 parents, 12 crew, 11 musicians, 2 merchandise and 2 management personnel.
• The musical score of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast contains 6 beloved songs from the Academy Award-nominated feature film, one song cut from the film that has been restored for the musical, and 6 original songs written for the musical.
• There are 160 needle point squares that make up the bottom of the town drop.
• The tavern building needle point scrim panel is a very traditional Latvian pattern that is called a “star.” This pattern is also repeated in Gaston’s pub and the town pieces.
• There is a hidden “Mickey” in the tavern set drop … see if you can spot it!
• The production uses 81 wigs.
• The Production uses 580 costume pieces, including some pieces from the original Broadway costumes.
• 67 LED lights on the magic mirror.
• 36 mugs in Gaston’s tavern.
• 350 feet of streamers dispatched over the audience during “Be Our Guest”.
• The “Star drop” – curtain with lights to create starry sky, weighs 450 lbs.
• The West Wing set piece weighs about 1,700 lbs.
• The plate rail in Be Our Guest weighs almost 1 ton.
TICKETING AND SHOW INFORMATION
DISNEY’S BEAUTY AND THE BEAST INTERNATIONAL TOUR
Season: From 21st March 2015
Venue: MasterCard Theatres, Marina Bay Sands
Cast: The International Tour features a cast from the US
Tuesday – Friday 8:00pm; Saturday: 2:00pm and 8:00pm; Sunday: 1:00pm and 5.00pm
From $65 (Excludes the booking fee of SGD$3 per ticket)
PHONE: +65 6688 8826
IN PERSON AT: Marina Bay Sands Box Offices (Museum, Theatres, SkyPark, Retail Mall and Hotel Tower 1 Lobby).
For more information, please log onto - www.MarinaBaySands.com
For exciting ticket package options including accommodation at Marina Bay Sands please visit: www.marinabaysands.com/packages.
Corporate and Group Bookings via Showbiz. Email: email@example.com or call 6688 1029